Friday 8 February 2013

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

I was sent a delightful photograph of Her Majesty and thought I would share it with my blog. I am not sure when or where this photograph was taken but it is obviously a recent one.

The Queen was born in 1926 and will be 87 this year and is still amazingly fit and does not appear to be reducing her annual workload. The Queens year is still set by the migration from the various Royal residences. Most weekends are spent here, in my hometown of Windsor.

The Queen is now the oldest reigning monarch in British history, her consort, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh is the oldest consort and has been consort longer than anyone else. In a few short years, The Queen will overtake her great great grandmother and be the longest reigning monarch in our history.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment