Monday 12 November 2012

Rugby at Twickenham

I wanted to do things this year that were out of my comfort zone and so not being particularly enthusiastic about sport, I decided to "sample" as many as I could this year. So my latest venture was to Twickenham to see England and Fiji battle it out on the rugby pitch. The whole experience was really quite amazing and totally enjoyable.

The 82,000 fans there were amazingly well behaved and the atmosphere had a carnival quality, although there were plenty of refreshment outlets, there wasn't any sign of trouble.

This is something I would go back to see again and hopefully will in the coming year. This year so far, I have watched tennis, hockey, athletics, long jump, discus, javelin and now Rugby, so what's next? Football? Hmmm I'm not to sure about that!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment