Sunday 4 November 2012

Joe Allen Restaurant, London

After the theatre yesterday, we walked to one of my favourite restaurants in London, Joe Allen. All you can see from the street is a green awning with the name Joe Allen on it. This gives nothing away to what awaits you as you descend the stairs.

The atmosphere of the subterranean restaurant is enhanced with more theatrical posters than you will every see, each one has its own charm. Similar to the menu, which changes every day and also provides seasonal choices.

Last evening, I feasted on Smoked Salmon with cucumber spaghetti with capers to start with and roast pheasant to follow, which was delicious. Although feeling very comfortable, there was just room for a dessert and for this, I chose Pear tart with salted caramel and chocolate sauce. I can't describe how wonderful the flavours were, I hope it will be on the menu again sometime soon.

Joe Allen, one of London's best kept secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment